A wet basement is the ideal environment for mold and mildew to grow. Water gathering in the basement causes dangerous mold and mildew to form. When mold spores are released into the air, they can be breathed in and cause respiratory problems, headaches, flu-like symptoms, fevers and other health issues. Sometimes dangerous black mold can begin to grow in a wet basement and be a hazard to the family's health.
When water is able to reach the basement through foundation cracks or a poor drainage system, it harms the structure of the home. Water damage can cause significant harm to the foundation of the home leading to expensive foundation repairs. Not only does it harm the foundation, it can also permanently damage the entire home. Get peace of mind knowing that your home is not being harmed by water leaking through the foundation with our basement waterproofing services.
Nothing ruins an area and valued possessions like water. The damage that water can do to possessions stored in a basement is extensive. Not only can it be costly to replace these items, but some things are simply irreplaceable. Basement waterproofing protects your possessions from being saturated and ruined by water.
After inspecting and evaluating the basement to find the source of the problem, we will use the best method to repair the basement utilizing the following products:
With a low profile wide design, Safe Drain™ is engineered to allow for adequate floor thickness to be poured back over the Safe Drain™ once the installation is complete. Safe Drain™ design allows for adequate water flow while reducing hydrostatic pressure caused by poor soil conditions.
1. Low profile wider design
2. Designed to allow for adequate floor thickness to be poured back over the Safe Drain™ once the installation is complete
3. Wider design allows for adequate water flow while reducing hydrostatic pressure
1. Concrete is removed around the perimeter of the basement
2. The footing is cleaned, removing soil and gravel
3. Weep holes are drilled in the block cells and mortar joints
4. Safe Drain™ system is installed on top of the exposed footing
5. Safe Drain™ system is attached to the sump system
6. Concrete is restored
SafeEdge™ is a water control system designed to solve basement wall water issues by taking the incoming moisture at the cove joint and diverting it down the slab into the drain tile system which is installed along the foundation's footer. It is designed with a rubber seal that allows water to pass into the system while minimizing radon gases from entering the living area of the home. With this system, there is no structural damage to the home and no excavation is required. SafeEdge™ is available in either a low or high profile configuration.
1. Minimizes airflow between edge and wall
2. Radon and vapor moisture seal
3. Overflow protection
4. Allows condensation from wall to drain into tile system
5. Semi sealed system improves indoor air quality
6. Rubber tab holds vapor barrier in place
This product delivers maximum waterproofing power. SafeEdge MAX™ is used with a plastic vapor barrier and multiflow tile to eliminate the need to remove the finished wall. It is designed with a closed cell foam sealant on the back to press against the wall in order to prevent moisture and soil gases from entering your home. Available in 5' lengths with overlapping seals, SafeEdge MAX™ will assist in creating healthy air in your home.
1. Minimizes airflow between edge and wall
2. Overflow protection
3. Semi-sealed system improves indoor air quality
4. Foam backing can hold vapor barriers in place
5. High water flow allowance can prevent flooding
6. Increased wall and footer contact points provide optimal structural stability
If your home has a monolithic floor, then SafeTrack™ is the perfect solution. No excavation is required with this system and it will not damage any structural elements in your basement.
1. Lowers the soil gasses that can enter your home through the joint cove
2. Doesn't require excavation
3. Doesn't damage the structure of the basement
The PHCC Pro Series pumps deliver substantial energy savings compared to competitive brands while pumping more water than competitive 1/3 hp pumps. 90% of competitive pump failures are due to failure of switches with moving parts to wear out.
The PHCC Pro Series primary pumps are strong, dependable and most are designed to run 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for 365 days a year.
Protect against power outages and primary pump failures with the PHCC Pro Series battery back up sump pump. With its' unique monitoring system that sounds an alarm when maintenance is needed or when a problem arises, these battery back up sump pumps reminds the homeowner when attention is needed.
Combination sump pumps are also available that pair up primary sump pumps with battery back up sump pumps into one compact system. They come in pre-assembled to ease in installation and include 4 float switches for superior protection.
The SafeBasements™ sump pump baskets are designed to house and protect from outside interference. The lid is designed with a large lip which allows for the use of sealing tape to make certain the system is sealed. This is extremely important as dangerous radon gases can come up from below ground. This sealed lid is also clear and removable to allow for easy inspection and maintenance.
Choose from two superior brands of dehumidifiers, the Aprilaire® or the Santa Fe, to control humidity throughout the various seasons. These dehumidifiers allow you the choice to select the one that meets the needs of virtually any size room affected by high moisture issues. Both are quality products to control mold growth and mildew.
1. Designed and built in the U.S.A.
2. Wide range of capacities
3. Designed for basements and crawlspaces
4. Backed by 5- or 6-year warranties
5. Commercial grade quality
6. Quality you can count on
SafeBasements™ Multi-Flow Drain Tile is designed to address the flow rate of drain tile systems. The Multi-flow drain tile takes on water in 5 steady and slow stages. In severe water table situations, stages can be added. In order to maintain the soil stability along the foundation's footer, a slow and steady flow of drain water is critical.
Most homes have a 4" drain tile that half fills during a heavy rain or snow event. This half-filled 4" drain tile creates a flow rate that draws the soil fines into the system and washes them to the sump pump. This removes soil from the footer, making it weaker and in time damages the sump pump.
The Multi-Flow Drain Tile's slow and steady flow rate maintains the water table under the home well below the slab. By keeping the water table below the slab and maintaining the footer soils, it results in a stronger footer and less potential of the slab cracking due to hydrostatic pressure.
1. 5 Tier system lets water move steadily into sump pump
2. Installs level, no grading is required
3. Larger surface area collection than 4" drain tile
4. Inspection and radon vapor ports easily tie in
5. Narrow vertical profile means less materials taken out and less gravel to backfill